> Core Configuration
> Activating ServiceNow Plugins
Plugins provide additional optional functionality that administrators can activate within a ServiceNow instance. Note that once a plugin is active, you cannot disable or deactivate it. For a list of plugins, see List of Plugins.
1.1 Activating Published Plugins
Most plugins are published, meaning that global administrators can activate any published plugin.
| Click the plus to expand instructions for activating a plugin.
- Navigate to System Definition > Plugins.
- Right-click the plugin name on the list and select Activate/Upgrade.
- If the plugin depends on other plugins, these plugins and their activation status are listed.
- [Optional] Select the Load demo data check box.
- Some plugins include demo data—sample records that are designed to illustrate plugin features for common use cases. Loading demo data is a good policy when first activating the plugin on a development or test instance. You can load demo data after the plugin is activated by repeating this process and selecting the check box.
- Click Activate.
1.2 Requesting Plugins
Some plugins are available only by request. There are two primary reasons why a plugin is only available by request:
- New Plugins - When a new plugin is added to the platform, in some cases ServiceNow may want to work directly with the customer in order to implement the plugin.
- Operational Considerations - Some plugins may have operational considerations that are only appropriate for certain deployments.
| Click the plus to expand instructions for requesting a plugin.
- In HI, navigate to Self Service > Service Requests > Activate a Plugin.
- [Required] In Target Instance, select the instance on which to activate the plugin.
- [Required] In Plugin Name, enter the name of the plugin to activate.
- [Optional] In Date and time would you like the plugin to be enabled?, specify a date and time at least 12 hours in the future. Leave this field empty if you want the plugin activated as soon as possible.
- [Optional] In Reason/Comments, add any information that would be helpful for the ServiceNow technical support engineer activating the plugin.
- Click Submit.
Was this article helpful?
Yes, I found what I needed
No, I need more assistance