Defining an Assignment Rule for Incidents
| Note: This article applies to Fuji. For more current information, see Define an Assignment Rule for Incidents at http://docs.servicenow.com
The ServiceNow Wiki is no longer being updated. Please refer to http://docs.servicenow.com for the latest product documentation.
To ensure that incidents are promptly dealt with by the appropriate IT service members, administrators can define Assignment Rules to automate the process.
2 Defining an Assignment Rule for Incidents
To define an assignment rule for incidents:
- Navigate to System Policy > Assignment and click New.
- Populate the form as follows:
- Name: New York Database Issues
- Table: Incident [incident]
- Execution Order: 50
- Group: NY DB
- Conditions: "Location is New York" and "Category is Database".
To test the assignment rule, navigate to Incidents > Create New and populate the form with the following:
- Location: New York
- Category: Database
When you save the incident, the proper assignment group is added: