Dublin Release Notes
The Dublin release delivers enhancements to accelerate innovation, mobility, consolidation, and automation within IT and across the entire enterprise.
- Before Upgrading to Dublin: review key information before upgrading to Dublin.
- Requesting an Upgrade: review the procedure for upgrading your instance.
- Enhancements: view new features and notable changes.
- Fixes: see fixes included in the initial Dublin release.
- Available Versions: browse fixes in all versions within this family.
- Submit Feedback: provide feedback on documentation.
You can also download all Dublin release notes pages as a PDF.
Before Upgrading to Dublin
Review this information before upgrading an instance to Dublin:
- Customers may be unable to establish an OAuth connection to IMAP and SMTP email servers. For details and workaround information, see KB0536550 in the ServiceNow Knowledge Base.
- Customers may encounter issues with email if the Email Account plugin is disabled and they are using their own mail server with Transport Layer Security (TLS). For details and workaround information, see KB0535687 in the ServiceNow Knowledge Base.
- Customers upgrading to versions prior to Dublin Patch 2 may encounter issues with email notifications if the Subscription Based Notifications plugin is not active. For details and workaround information, see KB0539070 in the ServiceNow Knowledge Base.
Drives value from vendors by evaluating and comparing them across common criteria. Provides unique graphical formats for viewing key performance information.
Enables reliable resource forecasting through a real-time, single system of record for all work and resources.
Tracks and manages interactions and requests between employees and human resource staff.
Manages crises by consolidating all communications in a dashboard, bringing together all involved users for quick resolutions. Integrates with Notify for conference call and SMS support.
Optimizes the ServiceNow mobile user experience for service catalog and knowledge base access from iPhones and Android phones. Adds productivity features such as real-time record commenting, homepages, and tagging.
Supports Android Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean. Adds label editing, deleting, and sorting capabilities to improve user experience.
Supports notifications via text messages and voicemails. Manages conference calls between participating users for quick communications.
Provides a new charting engine that uses the Highcharts charting library and supports client-side report generation.
Enables teams to work in parallel on separate ServiceNow instances while sharing code and resolving collisions throughout the development life cycle.
Organizes activated plugins by application for better visibility into installed components. Includes choice lists and homepages in applications. Enhances ability to restore deleted records.
Provides troubleshooting and debugging information on business rules and script includes.
Provides troubleshooting and debugging information for actions on form fields.
Defines and governs the configuration of Puppet servers through the service catalog and CMDB.
Allows organizations to implement and monitor highly customizable and secure self-service or service-desk password-reset processes for ServiceNow instances.
Provides the ability to reset Active Directory passwords and create connections to custom credential stores and custom verification methods.
Renames Runbook Automation to Orchestration. Offers activities, catalog items, and other add-ons in separate packs.
The Dublin family includes these patches and hotfixes. For more information about the ServiceNow release cycle, see Upgrades and the Release Cycle. For more information about how to upgrade your instance, see Requesting an Upgrade.
|Release Version||Release Type|
|Dublin Patch 8 Hotfix 4||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 8 Hotfix 3||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 8 Hotfix 2||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 8 Hotfix 1||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 8||Patch|
|Dublin Patch 7 Hotfix 6||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 7 Hotfix 5||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 7 Hotfix 4||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 7 Hotfix 3||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 7 Hotfix 2||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 7 Hotfix 1||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 7||Patch|
|Dublin Patch 6||Patch|
|Dublin Patch 5||Patch|
|Dublin Patch 4||Patch|
|Dublin Patch 3 Hotfix 2||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 3 Hotfix 1||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 3||Patch|
|Dublin Patch 2||Patch|
|Dublin Patch 1 Hotfix 3||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 1 Hotfix 2||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 1 Hotfix 1||Hot Fix|
|Dublin Patch 1||Patch|
|Dublin EA 8||Patch (Not available)|
Feedback is encouraged and helps us improve our documentation. Please click the Feedback tab at the top of this page to leave a comment about the release notes.