Eureka Release Notes
The Eureka release includes enhancements that drive the enterprise service model and improve the user experience. For more information, see:
- Before Upgrading to Eureka: review key information before upgrading to Eureka.
- Requesting an Upgrade: review the procedure for upgrading your instance.
- Enhancements: view new features and notable changes.
- Available Versions: browse versions within this family.
- Submit Feedback: provide feedback on documentation.
- Legal Notices
You can also download all Eureka release notes pages as a PDF.
NOTE: Eureka is now an archived version that is no longer supported.
Before Upgrading to Eureka
Review this information before upgrading an instance to Eureka:
- Customers who use Amazon EC2 or VMware for cloud provisioning must perform additional actions before upgrading to Eureka.
- Customers upgrading to versions prior to Eureka Patch 2 may encounter issues with email notifications if the Subscription Based Notifications plugin is not active. For details and workaround information, see KB0539070 in the ServiceNow Knowledge Base.
- For customers upgrading to versions prior to Eureka Patch 2, the UI14 user interface is not enabled automatically. For workaround information, see KB0539843 in the ServiceNow Knowledge Base.
- For customers upgrading to versions prior to Eureka Patch 3 Hotfix 1, the TinyMCE HTML field editor is not enabled by default. This feature is required to use HTML fields in UI14. For details and workaround information, see KB0540618 in the ServiceNow Knowledge Base.
- Customers upgrading to versions prior to Eureka Patch 3 Hotfix 1 may encounter issues with visual task boards if the Mobile UI plugin is not activated. For details and workaround information, see KB0541346 in the ServiceNow Knowledge Base.
Manages facilities requests throughout the organization and enables requests to be tagged to specific locations on a floor plan.
Allows users to organize, modify, and track progress of multiple tasks from an intuitive, Kanban-inspired interface.
Consolidates strategic requests from the business and facilitates the IT investment decision process.
Displays animated 2-D and 3-D visual representations on a timeline for any logical data relationships within an instance.
Collects, processes, and transforms events from third-party sources into meaningful alerts that trigger ITSM flows.
Defines and governs the configuration of Chef servers through the service catalog and CMDB.
Displays CMDB relationships, operational tasks, and business service health in an intuitive graphical interface. Allows users to manage relationships, create personal views, and show dependencies.
Provides new and updated activities for Active Directory, Exchange, and PowerShell, allowing users to build enhanced Orchestration workflows that connect to Microsoft systems.
Empowers line-of-business service owners to build lightweight, custom request-fulfill applications within an IT-governed framework.
Provides a simplified interface for creating, maintaining, and publishing items, allowing these functions to be delegated to non-admin users.
Allows users to group and administer catalog items into multiple service catalogs by business area, organization, geography, or target user base.
Allows administrators to create forms and tables with simple, visual controls.
Improves usability and adds live streaming, document tagging, form pane tabbing, and column header filtering with UI14. Automatically enables UI11 for upgrades.
Provides a new survey engine with capabilities to create and send surveys in minutes, add conditional questions, schedule surveys, and limit access to specific users. Displays results on scorecards.
Displays results in bubble charts. Allows users to send triggered assessments, create conditional questions, customize assessment appearance, and retire assessments. Supports additional question types.
Delivers bi-directional notifications over SMS, Voice, and Conference Bridge, and is tightly integrated with workflows and business rules.
The Eureka family includes these patches and hotfixes. For more information about the ServiceNow release cycle, see Upgrades and the Release Cycle. For more information about how to upgrade an instance, see Requesting an Upgrade.
Feedback is encouraged and helps us improve our documentation. Please click the Feedback tab at the top of this page to leave a comment about the release notes.
Use of the ServiceNow product is subject to your subscription service agreement with ServiceNow. The product may interface with third party products, and you agree to the terms with such third party with respect to your use of the third party product, and ServiceNow is not a party to that agreement. You must separately purchase all third party products.
Third-party products utilized by features in this release include:
- Twilio Services provided by Twilio, required by Notify
- Okta single-sign-on solution provided Okta, Inc., required by Okta SSO Integration