Fuji Release Notes
| Note: The ServiceNow Wiki is no longer being updated.
Please refer to http://docs.servicenow.com for the latest product documentation.
The Fuji release includes enhancements that drive the enterprise service model and improve the user experience. For more information, see:
- Before Upgrading to Fuji: review key information before upgrading to Fuji.
- Requesting an Upgrade: review the procedure for upgrading your instance.
- Enhancements: view new features and notable changes.
- Available Versions: browse versions within this family.
- Submit Feedback: provide feedback on documentation.
- Legal Notices
Before Upgrading to Fuji
Review this information before upgrading an instance to Fuji:
- Customers using domain separation should upgrade to Fuji Patch 2 or higher. Do not upgrade to the initial Fuji release.
- PRB622355: On domain-separated instances, list personalizations for the global domain will be deleted if there are personalizations for any other domain on a given table. (Fixed in Fuji Patch 1)
- Customers using Oracle should not upgrade to the initial release of Fuji.
- PRB620514: Customers on Oracle who upgrade to Fuji (FP0) receive unique constraint errors such as "ORA-00001: unique constraint (SNC101xxx115U.SYS_C0044xxx1) violated." Unable to use the Workflow Editor or trigger any contexts.
- Customers may notice a difference in appearance for some service catalog displays.
- If you are a Life Science Customer, you must deactivate the User self-lockout prevention business rule, which is new with Fuji. See KB0547061 for more information.
- When upgrading from Eureka or earlier, you must migrate legacy knowledge content and any customizations you have made in the Knowledge Base application to ensure that you can access existing knowledge content and use the full range of new functionality. See Migrating to Knowledge Management v3.
Provides IT management with an overview of IT-related finances, operations, and projects. Enables IT managers to perform IT costing across the service hierarchy and view reports on allocated expenses.
Provides application developers with basic, intermediate, and advanced templates to quickly create service management applications of varying complexity. Each template offers default processes for request fulfillment and can be configured to provide additional options. Templates create a service catalog and knowledge base in the application.
Allows users to create trackable and auditable finance requests. Enables administrators to configure a request-driven or task-driven workflow to handle jobs that require one or multiple tasks.
Allows users to create trackable legal requests. Enables administrators to configure a request-driven or task-driven workflow to handle jobs that require one or multiple tasks.
Allows users to create trackable marketing requests. Consolidates information gathered for requests. Enables administrators to configure a request-driven or task-driven workflow to handle jobs that require one or multiple tasks.
Enables administrators to create attestations, which assess how well GRC policies are enforced. Enables management and reporting of Unified Compliance Framework (UCF) authority documents. Provides portals for reports on GRC compliance, controls, and audits.
Provides an integrated application for creating test plans and test cases, guiding testers through test execution, monitoring testing processes, evaluating test results, and completing testing sign-off.
Allows administrators to create multiple knowledge bases, assign access, and configure contextual search for these knowledge bases.
Enables workflow designers to automatically create query language parsing expressions and parsing objects to extract data. Share workflows and activities, enable standardized Orchestration integrations, and processes. Administrators can create reusable workflow activities with minimal or no scripting, using templates that can query data from external sources such as REST, SOAP, and Powershell. Uses historical data to identify workflows operating outside their average runtimes that might need performance improvements.
Enables administrators to tag Amazon resources to enable usage analysis and analyze cost metrics across Amazon resources through dashboards and reports. Supports the provisioning and management of Amazon CloudFormation stacks to create virtual datacenters using Amazon Web Services resources. Supports Amazon S3 storage solution activities.
Provides a dashboard, enhanced probes, and support for SNMPv3. Added support for DAS, NAS, and SAN technologies to collect information on the storage infrastructure. MID Servers can listen for traps and events.
Supports the use of familiar automation tasks when enabling ServiceNow as a configuration management provider for Orchestration activities.
Improves application development by enforcing strong application boundaries to ensure that one application does not negatively impact another.
Proactively manages the connection order of a replicated set of LDAP servers by tracking their operational status.
Allows security administrators to auto-configure an IDP record and certificate from XML or a URL.
Provides you with a way to keep employee profile information in Human Resources Service Management in sync with their your organization's existing Workday solution.
Provides a chat service optimized to facilitate collaborative work on tasks. Supports standard chat functionality as well as the ability to track updates to comments and work notes on records.
Allows users to create reusable and shareable report sources containing conditions that define the information to be included in reports.
Provides an improved user experience and adds greater support for record feeds, company feed, and user feeds.
Improves usability with a streamlined look and adds additional system settings with UI15.
Enables users to personalize forms without changing what other users see.
Enables developers to view purchased subscriptions, allocate appropriate roles to per-user subscriptions, monitor subscription usage and allocation, and monitor application usage.
The Fuji family includes these patches and hot fixes. For more information about the ServiceNow release cycle, see Upgrades and the Release Cycle. For more information about how to upgrade an instance, see Requesting an Upgrade.
Feedback is encouraged and helps us improve our documentation. Please click the Feedback tab at the top of this page to leave a comment about the release notes.
Use of the ServiceNow product is subject to your subscription service agreement with ServiceNow. The product may interface with third party products, and you agree to the terms with such third party with respect to your use of the third party product, and ServiceNow is not a party to that agreement. You must separately purchase all third party products.
Third-party products utilized by features in this release include:
- Twilio Services provided by Twilio, required by Notify
- Okta single-sign-on solution provided Okta, Inc., required by Okta SSO Integration