Microsoft SMS/SCCM Integration 2.0
| Note: This article applies to Fuji and earlier releases. For more current information, see Microsoft SCCM Integration at http://docs.servicenow.com
The ServiceNow Wiki is no longer being updated. Visit http://docs.servicenow.com for the latest product documentation.
The Microsoft SMS/SCCM integration is a one direction import of SMS/SCCM data into ServiceNow's Configuration Management Database (CMDB). The integration keeps the ServiceNow CMDB up to date with SMS / SCCM SQLServer database. Relevant data is imported from the SMS / SCCM database to the CMDB. The SMS / SCCM database is considered an authoritative source and is not written to. The import is achieved using a JDBC connection via the MID Server. This functionality requires the Integration - Microsoft SMS / SCCM 2.0 plugin.
2 Activating the Plugin
The Integration - Microsoft SMS / SCCM 2.0 plugin can be activated by an administrator and also activates the Integration - JDBC plugin.
|Click the plus to expand instructions for activating a plugin.|
If you have the admin role, use the following steps to activate the plugin.
3 Information Imported
The following information is imported from SMS/SCCM:
- PC Hardware (Model, Manufacturer, memory, clock speed, number of CPUs, etc.)
- Software packages installed (Office, Photoshop, iTunes, etc.)
- Operating System Information (Name, Service Pack)
- User and Domain information
- Disk information (physical, network, and logical)
- Network (IP Address, Netmask)
4 Modules Provided
The following are the configuration and operational modules for this integration.
- Configure the data sources from one form
- Specify Database server settings and MID server
- Test configuration
- Scheduled Import
- Schedule the execution of the import or import immediately
- Data Sources
- A list of the pre-configured data sources defining the external CMDB database
- A historical list of progress on scheduled imports
- Transform History
- A historical list of transformations performed during scheduled imports
5 Import Set Data
The SMS / SCCM import set data section shows a list of import set tables used in containing data retrieved from using JDBC to query the SMS / SCCM database. The module names (hence the import set tables they point to) match SMS's table names and structure that it is loading from.
- Scheduled Cleanup
- Configure a schedule to cleanup/delete import set data that have already been transformed
- Computer System
- Operating System
- PC Bios
When viewing each of these table lists, at the end of the list you have links to other operational functions of the import set.
- Import Sets
- Transform Maps
- Transform History - Log of completed import operations (where an import set was transformed into a table).
- Edit Web Service
6 Web Services
This section lists the modules that define the web service import set tables - the schema for the import set tables that are receiving the JDBC import. From each web service, you can add/remove fields as well as access the transform maps to make modifications.