The ServiceNow ODBC driver allows an ODBC client to connect to the ServiceNow platform for reporting. The driver is compliant to version 3.52 of the Microsoft ODBC core API conformance. The ServiceNow ODBC driver uses the ServiceNow web services support for a query-only interface. Because it uses the web services interface, platform-wide access control (ACL) is enforced and data security is in place.
| Note: The ServiceNow ODBC driver has these limitations:
2 Downloading the ODBC Driver
The ODBC driver is available from the ServiceNow Knowledge Base. If you do not have access to the Knowledge Base, contact your ServiceNow administrator.
3 Working with ODBC
To quickly set up and run the ODBC Driver, use the ODBC quick start guide and video tutorial. Use these links for more detailed setup and configuration instructions:
- Install the ODBC driver or upgrade an existing ODBC installation.
- Configure the ODBC driver.
- Test the configuration.
- Use your applications with ODBC.
- Use the ODBC driver, following ODBC best practices.
4 Using Client Applications with the ODBC Driver
See the following pages for examples of how to use the ODBC driver to create data sources from other applications.
- Using Interactive SQL (ODBC)
- Using ODBC Driver in SQL Server 2008
- Using the ODBC Driver in Excel 2010
- Using the ODBC Driver in Crystal Reports 2008
- When export query strings become large enough to impact performance, the ODBC driver converts the data type from VARCHAR to the LONGVARCHAR data type.
- The ODBC driver respects character limits set in the dictionary.