Administrators and users with the form_admin role can customize the layout for any form view.
2 Personalizing Forms
To personalize a form:
- Right-click the form header and select Personalize > Form Layout.
- Using the slushbucket, select the fields and the order in which you wish them to appear.
- Available items that appear in green followed by a plus (+) sign represent related tables. To access fields on these tables, use dot-walking.
- Click Save.
- Note that although the same field may be added to more than one section on a form, this causes inconsistent behavior and is not recommended.
3 Configuring Insert for Task Records
The "Save", "Insert", and "Insert and Stay" options are disabled by default for task records (e.g., Incidents, Change Requests).
To configure these options for task records:
- Navigate to System Properties > UI Properties.
- Locate the property Allow the use of the "Insert" and "Insert and Stay" options on task derived tables. (glide.ui.task.insert )
- Select the check box to enable or clear the check box to disable (default) the options for tasks.
4 Adding a Related List
Related lists display records in another table that have a relationship with the current record. Administrators can configure related lists to appear on forms and in hierarchical lists.
To add a related list to a form:
- Open the form.
- Right-click the header and select Personalize > Related Lists.
- Use the slushbucket to select the related lists that display on the form.
- Related lists appear at the bottom of the form.
5 Customer Updates Indicator
The customer updates indicator () may appear on the header of forms that have customer updates. Customer updates are changes that are tracked by update sets, such as scripts, service catalog items, and other configuration tables. For the full list, see List of Tracked Customizations.
Clicking the customer updates indicator opens the update set records for the item.
Administrators can configure this indicator to appear for all or for specific administrators using the owned_by_indicator.form user preference.
To configure the preference, navigate to User Administration > User Preferences.
- To enable it for all administrators, ensure the owned_by_indicator.form preference is set to true.
- To enable it for an individual administrator only, leave the owned_by_indicator.form preference set to false (default) and then create a new user preference with the following values:
- Name: owned_by_indicator.form
- User: <administrator for which to enable the preference>
- Value: true
The following video demonstrates personalizing forms. For more e-Learning videos, see Tutorials.