|Navigation and User Interface|
Slushbuckets allow users to select multiple items from a list of available items. They are used in many operations, such as personalizing lists, adding items to related lists, and service catalog list collector variables.
The slushbucket interface has two columns: the available items on the left and the selected items on the right.
- To add items to the selection, double-click an available item (on the left), or select an item and click Add. The new item is added at the bottom of the selected items column on the right.
- To remove items from the selection, double-click the item on the right, or select the item and click Remove.
- To select multiple consecutive items, hold Shift and click the first and last item.
- To select multiple non-consecutive items, hold Ctrl (Command on Mac) and click the desired items.
1.1 Arranging Selections
Some slushbuckets allow users to customize the order of selections, such as when personalizing a form or list.
- To move items one position, select the items and click Up or Down.
- To move an item multiple positions, select consecutive items above or below the item then click Down or Up. In this example, to move Assigned to to the top of the selections order:
- Hold Shift and click Short description then Number.
- Click Down.
1.2 Finding Available Items
Some slushbuckets provide filter and search controls for available items, such as adding items to related lists.
- To filter available items, create conditions using the condition builder and click Run filter.
- To search available items, enter search text in the Search field. The list of available items is filtered as you type.
1.2.1 Information Fields for Available Items
Information fields for the highlighted available item appear beneath some slushbuckets. The information fields are the same as the reference lookup for a reference field on a form. To modify which fields appear, personalize the reference lookup list.
1.3 Setting the Number of Items Visible in the Available Column
Administrators can modify the glide.xmlhttp.excessive property to change the number of items that appear in the Available column of the slushbucket. To modify this property:
- Add the property to the System Properties [sys_properties] table.
- Change the Type to Integer.
- Enter a number in the Value field. The default value is 100.
- Save the property.
|Note: Selecting a number significantly higher than 100 can lead to performance issues on your instance as the data is loaded into the slushbucket.|