Talk:Creating New Transform Maps
From ServiceNow Wiki
1 Date format field is missing in this document -- Gerrit.zevenbergen 11:08, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
I just spent a considerable amount of time getting a Glidedate field filled with an import set. The documentation on the field mapping misses any info on the date format field.
1.1 Re: Date format field is missing in this document -- Guy.yedwab 11:24, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
- Have you seen the article Using Date and Time Fields? Is there information specific to Import Sets that you wish you'd known?
2 Wrong script example? -- Jimcoyne22 03:17, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
Is it just me, or is the script example in the "Using a Script to Calculate a Source Value" section incorrect? Looks like that script would belong in the individual Field Map script instead.
2.1 Re: Wrong script example? -- Guy.yedwab 17:41, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
- I checked in with the developer to be sure, but no, the script is being run in the correct place.
2.1.1 Re: Re: Wrong script example? -- Jimcoyne22 05:40, 15 April 2011 (UTC)
- So what is the value of "answer" being assigned to then? I would have thought that kind of script goes in the "Field Map" form and not on the "Table Transform Map" form. The "Table Transform Map" form does not expect the value to be set in the "answer" varriable.
184.108.40.206 Re: Re: Re: Wrong script example? -- HalDroid 10:04, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
- Agree with Jimcoyne22, either the example is wrong or there is missing context. If you could resolve this - or explain how "answer" is assigned to some field in the target - it could save hours of poking around.
2.1.2 Re: Re: Wrong script example? -- Sebastian.g.snc 09:03, 7 August 2012 (UTC)
- The screenshot doesn't fit the context. It is confusing. Please put a screenshot of the field mapping form into 2.3.3 and explain the checkbox "Use source script" properly. thanks
2.1.3 Re: Re: Wrong script example? -- William.west 16:22, 1 May 2013 (UTC)
- This still appears to be wrong. The screenshot doesn't match the description.
220.127.116.11 Re: Re: Re: Wrong script example? -- Vaughn.romero 20:49, 9 May 2013 (UTC)
3 Does Coalesce works if Use source script used on Field Map -- Rogyeamit 19:18, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
If I have "Use source script" selected on Field map and using script to set source field value will the Coalesce work for that record. As per my observation it does not work.
3.1 Re: Does Coalesce works if Use source script used on Field Map -- Guy.yedwab 17:51, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Amit, spoke with the developer and he confirmed that the Coalesce should still work when you're using a source value. If the coalesce is not working, there may be something in the script (it may not be setting the answer variable correctly) or it may indicate a bug.
3.1.1 Re: Re: Does Coalesce works if Use source script used on Field Map -- Cheryl Flood 16:06, 28 October 2011 (UTC)
- For some users, perhaps those that started with Service-now early in its history, there is an extra script field in the Field Map. When the "Use source script:" is checked, this field labeled "Script" is displayed (its dictionary name is 'script'). The actual field that is required for a field map script to work is "Source script:" (source_script). If you test your scripts in "System Definition" > "Scripts - Background" or some other script debugger and they are executing correctly, but still fail when placed in a Field Map script, make sure the "Source script:" field is available and active in your field map. It may solve the problem for you as it did for me.