From ServiceNow Wiki
1 Technical Support
ServiceNow offers world-class Technical Support to every customer. Quick solution paths can be found using Technical Support tools such as user forums, blogs, product documentation, and useful solutions. The Technical Support team, located in our support centers in San Diego and London, is comprised of trained, experienced professionals with deep product knowledge and real-world experience. The goal of our Technical Support effort is to help your team resolve issues as quickly as possible.
1.1 Support Best Practices
ServiceNow suggests this Technical Support pathway for quick solutions:
- Clearly identify the issue or question.
- Visit the ServiceNow Wiki.
- Search the ServiceNow Community.
- Post a question on the ServiceNow Community forums. New users must create an account on the ServiceNow Community in order to post.
- Open an incident via the online Technical Support system in HI.
- Contact the Technical Support team.
The ServiceNow Wiki is the main storehouse for ServiceNow product documentation. Recommended starting points are the Main Page or the Index. The Google search returns answers from both the wiki and the ServiceNow community. Note that each article in the wiki offers comment and ratings functions. Participation and feedback are encouraged. Questions concerning documentation can be registered on the Product Documentation forum on the ServiceNow Community site or directly on each page using Discussion.
The ServiceNow User Community offers blogs, articles, forums, and events related to ServiceNow usage, administration, and customization. Searching the Community returns answers from all parts of the site.
1.4 User Forums
User forums are an excellent resource for assistance with your ServiceNow instance questions. Forums are also the place to discuss with other users items related to ServiceNow functionality and processes. They can be found at community.service-now.com/forums.
1.5 Knowledge Base
The Knowledge Base contains useful solutions and troubleshooting tips to address commonly asked questions. It can be accessed within our Technical Support system at hi.service-now.com by navigating to Self-Service > Knowledge.
2 Support Basics
All support tools and materials are available on our websites 24 hours a day. The Technical Support Team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including all holidays.
2.2 Online Support
- Technical Support system: hi.service-now.com. Customers are provided user IDs during the implementation process.
2.3 Phone Support
- Toll Free 1-866-709-5932 (from within North America)
- Toll Free 800-400-50900 (from other locations)
- Universal International Free Phone Number (UIFN)
- See the list of countries and calling codes.
- To escalate your incident please call 1-858-345-1828
2.4 Priority One (P1) Support
For immediate assistance with a P1 issue (such as a production instance being unavailable) please contact us by telephone.
3 Submitting an Incident
To report an issue, submit an incident using one of the following methods:
- Log onto hi.service-now.com and navigate to Self-Service > Create New Incident under the Incidents heading. For help filling out the form click on the More Information expandable sections near each field for more information about that field or choice.
- For all HI incident reports you must select an incident type. It is essential for quick resolution of your problem that you mark the most appropriate selection. Additional fields are displayed on the incident form based on which selection you make.
- Incorrect operation or unexpected result - If the system behaves in an unexpected way or does not perform the way it should, select this option. This discrepancy may be caused due to a bug, misconfiguration, or user error. When opening a support incident of this type, it is especially important that you include as much detailed information about reproducing the error as possible. Providing this information can greatly expedite your service request.
- Question or information request - For general how-to information not available on the Wiki or the community or for information about feature availability select this option.
- Assistance implementing new feature - If you know which feature or plugin you would like to implement select this option. If you are not sure, select Question or information request.
- Instance not accessible or responding slowly - If the entire instance is unavailable or slow or if a particular section of the instance is slow, select this option.
- Other - For all other service requests that do not fall under a defined category, select Other and provide as much information as possible to ensure quick resolution of your incident.
Please include the following information to help Technical Support with their response and resolution:
- User Instance (development, test, or production)
- Short description
- Additional Comments should include:
- Steps to reproduce
- Expected behavior
- Recent changes or customizations
- Area of impact – single or multiple users
- The priority of all requests shall be determined in accordance with the following guidelines:
|P1||A P1 level request should be used to request resolution of any Defect causing a production instance of the Licensed Software not to be Available.|
|P2||A P2 level request should be used to request: (1) resolution of any Defect causing a sub-production instance of the Licensed Software not to be Available or (2) resolution of any Defect that causes any mission critical function of any production instance of the Licensed Software to perform unacceptably or to fail.|
|P3||A P3 level request should be used to request: (1) resolution of any Defect related to the production instance of the Licensed Software that does not qualify as a P1 or P2 level request or (2) resolution of any Defect that causes any mission critical function of any sub-production instance of the Licensed Software to perform unacceptably or to fail.|
|P4||A P4 level request should be used for any request that does not qualify as a P1, P2 or P3 level request.|
You will receive an email notification regarding your newly submitted incident. You can update the incident by replying to the email directly, which will take the typed info and enter it into the Additional Comments field, or you can log into the Technical Support System to view and update the incident.
3.1 Opening an Incident Tutorial
Click the plus sign (+) to expand the following video tutorial:
|Opening an Incident Through Self-Service (02:30)|
4 Submitting Service Requests
The following requests can be submitted from hi.service-now.com by using the following modules in the Self-Service Application:
- Clone Request
- Instance Upgrade Request
- New Instance Request
- Request Plugin Activation
- VPN Request Form
Requests of a nature not covered in these categories can be addressed by creating an incident.
5 Customer Admin Role
ServiceNow strongly recommends customers designate at least one user Customer Admin for the purpose of creating and managing users on the Technical Support portal. Before contacting ServiceNow Technical Support for issues regarding user accounts check to see if your organization has a Customer Admin in place. If you do not have a Customer Admin, please contact Technical Support or your implementation team to have this role assigned.