Useful Related Lists in CI Forms
| Note: This article applies to Fuji and earlier releases. For more current information, see Configuration Management at http://docs.servicenow.com
The ServiceNow Wiki is no longer being updated. Visit http://docs.servicenow.com for the latest product documentation.
By default, the forms that display manageable configuration items (CI) - computers, printers, network gear, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), and power distribution units (PDU) - provide a number of related lists for the form. The following related lists are common to all forms for manageable CIs.
- Network Adapters
- CI IPs
- DNS Names for CIs
The IP version information appears in all IP address related lists and forms.
|Note: Since all paths here click into the IP Address to DNS Names list that associates an IP address with a DNS name, this part of the common flow was not added to the tree structure.|
2 Example: Linux Server sanops02
The sample flow shown here describes a Linux server called sanops02, which contains two network interfaces, each with two IP addresses. Click the plus (+) signs in the collapsible tree to expand the perspective.
- Network Adapters - Displays all the NICs installed on this CI
Drill down by Network Adapter Name.
- IP Addresses: Displays all IP addresses assigned to this network adapter
Drill down by IP address
- Drill down into a selected IP address for this network adapter.
- This action displays the IP address and any DNS names associated with it.
- DNS Names for NIC: Displays the DNS names associated with this network adapter
- CI IPs - Displays all the IP addresses on this CI
- This related list displays the version number of each IP address (IPv4 or IPv6). IPv6 address Discovery is supported for the following devices:
- Computers (workstations, laptops using various Mac and Windows operating systems)
- Windows servers
- Linux servers
- AIX servers
- Solaris servers
- Devices discovered through SNMP.
Drill down by CI IP addresses.
- IP Address to DNS Names: Displays all DNS names assigned to this IP address
- DNS Names for CIs - Displays all the DNS names on this CI
- This related list displays the version number of each IP address.
Drill down by DNS Names for CIs
- IP Address to DNS Names: Displays all IP addresses assigned to this DNS name
3 Discovery Source
A table called Source [sys_object_source], available in the Aspen release, stores information identifying the source of a Discovery (ServiceNow or another product), the ID of that source, and the date/time of the last scan. To view this information, configure a CI form and add the Sources related list. This table is populated automatically when the Discovery plugin is enabled.