| Note: This article applies to Fuji and earlier releases. For more current information, see Service Mapping at http://docs.servicenow.com
The ServiceNow Wiki is no longer being updated. Visit http://docs.servicenow.com for the latest product documentation.
ServiceWatch Functionality in Releases after Fuji
In the Fuji release, ServiceWatch version 3.6 is a stand-alone product with its own infrastructure including a database, a collector component, the credentials store, and a user interface. In Geneva, the functionality of ServiceWatch is provided by the combined functionality of Event Management, Service Mapping, and Discovery.
For more information, see documentation on later releases at docs.servicenow.com.
ServiceNow ServiceWatch 3.6 Product Documentation
ServiceNow ServiceWatch allows you to discover and map the relationships between datacenter components that comprise specific business services, which provides insights into how those services are delivered and how they are performing. ServiceWatch automatically discovers and maps all applications and IT infrastructure components upon which the business service depends.
The ServiceNow ServiceWatch Release Notes list enhancements and fixes that have been included in ServiceWatch since version 3.0.
The ServiceWatch Customization Guide is intended to help you define discovery patterns for your in-house software and for third-party software.
|Note: SAML is NOT supported for the Fuji version of the ServiceWatch integration.|
ServiceWatch facilitates management of business services in a dynamic, virtualized IT environment. ServiceWatch detects problematic events that impact your business services so that you can correct problems and maintain the health of the entire system.
The integration of ServiceNow ServiceWatch with BMC Atrium’s CMDB transfers ServiceWatch-discovered CIs, attributes, relationships, and business services to BMC Atrium’s CMDB. This document describes the integration architecture and explains how to install, operate, configure, and tailor the integration for your BMC Atrium CMDB implementation.
The integration of ServiceNow ServiceWatch with Hewlett Packard's UCMDB transfers ServiceWatch-discovered CIs, attributes, relationships, and business services to HP's CMDB. This document describes the integration architecture and explains how to install, operate, configure, and tailor the integration for your HP UCMDB implementation.
Discovery Credentials and Connectivity Reference
For information about credential requirements, discovery commands and firewall traversal guidelines, see ServiceNow ServiceWatch Discovery Credentials and Connectivity.
Supported Tools, Systems, and Applications
- ServiceNow ServiceWatch discovers a wide variety of systems and applications. For each of the supported applications, ServiceNow ServiceWatch supports all valid entry points to access the application.
- ServiceNow ServiceWatch supports a wide variety of monitoring tools.
- Dashboard: Provides a dashboard that indicates business service health, and allows you to plan for changes and analyze the impact of changes.
- Event Console: Provides a console for monitoring events that affect business services.
- History: Records a history of changes to the business service model.
- Impact Analysis: Calculates the impact of events on business service health.
- Knowledge Base Editor: Provides a pattern editor and debugger for knowledge base creation and maintenance.
- Report Generator: Provides an Excel-based graphical report generator.
- Service Modeling: Provides top-down discovery of business service topologies.